5 Pre-Vacation Tips to Secure Your Home
Leaving for vacation is an exciting time in any family’s life. We all enjoy taking a break from the norm and enjoying ourselves for a short while. However, coming home to a place that is now unsafe, that has been burglarized, or otherwise tampered with is not ideal. Take the five precautions before departing on vacation to secure your home.
1. Fill out a hold mail form at the post office. This is free of charge. You can choose to stop and start dates for the mail and pick it up at the local post office when you return or have it all delivered to you.
2. Ask a trusted family member or friend to check on the house each day. You may provide them with a key to go inside to check things out, but this is not necessary always. It is a good idea to give the home a ‘lived-in’ appearance before departing.
3. Hire a pest control company to perform pest control service. Be sure to arrange residential tick control clayton as well. You do not want to come home to a pest infestation and this ensures that you do not.
4. Schedule security alarm installation if you are currently without this protection. Be sure to sign up for monthly monitoring as well. This costs just a few dollars per month. Many home security companies offer free systems and installation as well.
5. Tidy the House: Arrive home from vacation to a spic and span home so you can relax and unwind. It is a small task that you will be glad you completed when all is said and done.
Take the above tips to heart when preparing to head out on vacation. With this information you can ensure your home is safe while you are away.